>

SONALI PUPU MUKHERJEE

SongSoptok | 6/10/2014 |







THE MINE FIELD


















life is a mine field.

you want to be cautious to avoid pain;

you take one step and try to place the next carefully,

and you end up torn by a blast.

life is a mine field.

I was so very afraid in my childhood,

afraid of pain,

afraid of fears.

afraid of people of different shapes and faces.

I crouched low,

tried to take as less space as possible,

remained as silent as a shadow,

with no need, no opinion, no whimper of hunger, pain, fatigue,

just sacredly silent.

It didn’t work, you know.

the one place I leaned in tired misery

turned out to be the enemy camp.

I learned my lesson.

"don’t be afraid of scars.

welcome pain with open arms,

hug hurts to your chest as long lost friends."

and go on bravely.

you have nothing to lose.

this is life, a battle field.


Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.