>

NORMA M. FREEMAN

SongSoptok | 11/10/2014 |








HEARTBREAK

The garden path
You walked me on…
Then walked on me

Your untruths
Like brilliant suns
Blinded me

Those fake glass beads
Fell shattering
Heart and trust
Into the dust

[By Norma M. Freeman ©Oct.2014 First Canadian English Rights.]

UNRELENTING

Constant companion
Slightly subdued by poppy
Or relatives thereof
Fish and rats feed
Teeth stab my lungs
Each breath bites
Struggling to expel
Each rough cough
Slides with blood
Pounding, drumming
Off beats behind my eyes
Sparks shoot kaleidoscopic color
Expands into vibrant patterns
The blast of the universe
Within my world’s
Shrunken awareness
Sharpened to narrow point
Focused upon this friend
This fiend
Pain

[By Norma Freeman ©Oct.2014 First Canadian English Rights]



BORN IN AUTUMN
              
Transition season
With color and crunch
And winter looming
Mercurial
Wind and pouring rain
Then honeyed sun

She took a Greyhound
Alone
Husband left behind
To tend the cows
She said that bus ride
Made me crave to travel

When young
And hurting most
From Father’s hot anger
And cold indifference
I’d curse her
For her non-defence

But now
Looking deep in winter’s eyes
I know her
Helplessness
Set aside the past
And love her cleanly

[By Norma M. Freeman ©Sept.2014 First Canadian English Rights]



https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif




Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.