>

ANNETTE CHRISTINE JAMES

SongSoptok | 4/15/2016 |




MY HEART IS A LINK

Links on a chain
can be broken;
once rusted
they do give way.

Heartstrings
unravel with age...

Some may be crocheted
back together, others
break apart and fly
into the wind.

Without expectations
they may find another
to latch onto...

locks unlocked
without need of keys....






TOO LITTLE TOO LATE?

As I look at the world around me
and hear of atrocities near and far,
I often wonder:
is it too late for us all?

Have the "sins" of our past caught up
to us, to potentially spell our
collective doom?

How have we become so selfish,
heartless, and mindless, as to
seek after our own demise?

I not only ask myself this but wish
for you to ponder it also...

but that each of us could but do
our part each day... those little
random acts of kindness...

on to bigger and better things,
a world of change before us
for the doing...






Choices

Every day is another chance
to forgive, forget, do right
by our own consciences,
not by what others propose
we should or shouldn't do.

Life is about choices and we,
as humans, more than able to
reason, need to take time
to think about consequences
in those choices that we make.






Liberation

Behind steel bars
of pent-up emotions,
I've paid the price.

Bring back the key
accidentally tossed
into my emotional
garbage bin.

My time served (for
poor choices made)...
wanting out of this
dreadful dungeon,
I plead my case:

release me!






JUST A SHELL

Arrogance rose up from his body,
like a roadkill's hot steam in the
dead of winter.

He had an air about him, his swag, the
way he strutted...nose in the air, chin up,
confidence screaming out...

And, talk about looks; he'd make your
body melt like hot maple syrup, if without
his giving you a second thought...

Gorgeous on the outside, yes,
but his heart not so much so...
too bad for him, too...
looks fading with time,
as they inevitably would...




[ANNETTE CHRISTINE JAMES]

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.