>

IULIA GHERGHEI





Songsoptok
January
New Year’s Resolutions

SONGSOPTOK: New Year’s Eve is just around the corner. A large percentage of people all over the world are thinking about making new resolutions. Why do you think people make resolutions on New Year’s Day specifically?

IULIA: People make resolutions all the time, but those made on New Year's Day tend to become reality.... It worked for me once.... So people have dreams that need to become true, a new spin around the mighty Sun might help with that...


SONGSOPTOK:  Available evidence shows that the origin of making new resolutions on New Year was started long time back in Babylon – the Babylonians made promises to their Gods. So did the Romans. In today’s society, resolutions are mostly promises we make to ourselves. How do you explain this shift in paradigm?

IULIA: This change in paradigm might be caused by the new religion, Jesus said that a spark of deity is in each of us... So, if God is sheltered in me, by promising to myself I address both issues...


SONGSOPTOK:  In your opinion, is this custom religious or social? In the country or the society you live in, is 1st January considered to be the beginning of the New Year? If not, on which day does the New Year start? What are the specific customs, if any, associated with your New Year?

IULIA: In my country, the new year starts on 1st January. In my view, this custom started as a religious practice and later developed as a social one. In Romania, we have sevaral customes on this day: Plugusorul, Sorcova, Capra, Umblatu' cu ursu... Many come from a previous religion...


SONGSOPTOK:  Do you believe in New Year’s Resolutions? Do you systematically make resolutions every year? Are you going to do the same this year? Why?

IULIA: My first list with resolutions was made at beginning of 2012, my only resolution was to publish a book of poetry, at the end of that year, 12 12 2012 , the dream became true... This year I take a break from writing resolutions...


SONGSOPTOK:  What, in your experience, are the types of New Year’s resolutions do people make? What are yours?

IULIA:


SONGSOPTOK:  In case you are a believer in these resolutions, can you share your experience with us? Were you able to fulfill your resolutions? How did it make you feel?

IULIA: I am a believer of the fact that I you wish something strong enough you will achieve that thing sooner or later. A written plan only helps! In 2012, when my dream came true I was extatic... Wings have grown on my shoulders, gravity ceased to exist ...


SONGSOPTOK:  Research shows only 8% of people achieve their New Year’s resolutions. What, according to you, are the reasons behind this low rate of success? What could be the likely causes in your case?

IULIA: The speeding rhythm of life, everything happens so quickly, so many happens in such a short time, little amnesia hits everyone... We forget what happened this morning, promises taken in the crisp January have no meaning in the hot days of the summer...


SONGSOPTOK:  In case you were able to stick to one or more New Year’s resolutions, can you share with us how you managed to do this? In the opposite case, why do you think you were not able to attain your objectives? What, in your opinion, are some of the better ways to make resolutions stick?

IULIA: That time when my resolution fulfilled, I stayed focused on my goal!!!


SONGSOPTOK:  Do you believe in the feel good factor associated with making New Year Resolutions? Do you personally feel pious come New Year’s Eve because of the resolutions you made? Do you declare them publicly? If yes, then how did your family and friends react to your resolutions?

IULIA: I must say that having a goal made me feel good!!! I keep my resolutions a secret. It is between me and God.


SONGSOPTOK:  There are market segments that capitalize on New Year’s resolutions, such as health clubs. Do you feel they have equal responsibilities in helping the pledgers to fulfill their resolutions?

IULIA: Yes, I truly do!!! They should lower their prices for those who made the resolution to get fit in the New Year!!!



Iulia Gherghei, facebook poet


We sincerely thank you for your time and hope to have your continued support.
Aparajita Sen
(EDITOR)

 Songsoptok

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Blogger Widgets
Powered by Blogger.